Terms & Conditions
PEPSI®, LAY’S® AND MARS®
YOU COULD WIN A TRIP FOR 2 TO SUPER BOWL LV CONTEST
The Pepsi®, Lay’s® and Mars® “You Could Win A Trip For 2 To Super Bowl LV” Contest (the “Contest”) at Mac’s, Circle K and Couche-Tard locations, is sponsored by PepsiCo Canada ULC (“PepsiCo”), Mars Canada, Inc. (“Mars”), and Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. (“Couche-Tard”) (collectively, the “Sponsors”) and will be administered by 612 Creative Inc. (the “Administrator”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA WHO ARE THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Canada. Please do not proceed unless you are a resident at the time of entry. By participating in the Contest, you (the “Participant”), or in the case of a minor, your parent or legal guardian, fully and unconditionally agrees to accept these Official Rules (the “Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions shall be final and binding and non-appealable in all respects. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Contest void where prohibited by law.
Winning a Prize (as defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Sponsors reserve the right to make changes to the Contest at any time, with or without notice, in their sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever.
Subject to applicable laws, these Rules govern all aspects of the Contest including the Contest materials and are binding upon all Participants. In the event of any inconsistency between the Rules and the conditions and explanations appearing on any other documents, including the Contest materials, these Rules shall take precedence.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on January 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (ET) and ends on February 4, 2020 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada only who are thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of the Sponsors, the Administrator, the NFL Entities (defined in Rule 13), or their respective head office and branch offices, distribution centres, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, administrators, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, agents, store operators and their employees, any entity that has been contracted for purposes of this Contest, and their respective immediate household/family members are NOT eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate household/family members is defined, for these purposes, as including spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their respective spouses, and/or those persons with whom any of the above are domiciled (whether related or not).
3. HOW TO PLAY FOR AN INSTANT PRIZE/ENTER GRAND PRIZE DRAW: Visit KicktoWin.ca (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period, select your province/territory, enter your mobile phone number, and play the game. Each game play will result in one (1) entry towards the Grand Prize (as defined in Rule 4(ii)), regardless of whether the Participant wins or loses the game. Each game play allows the Participant three (3) attempts to kick the ball through the field goal uprights with each successful attempt resulting in one (1) additional entry towards the Grand Prize. Maximum four (4) additional Grand Prize entries per game. In order to complete the Grand Prize entries earned in the game, you the Participant must: (i) provide your first name, last name, email address, and province/territory as instructed on screen after completing all four (4) attempts; (ii) confirm that you are eligible and agree to participate according to these Rules; (iii) if you are under the age of majority in your respective province/territory of residence at the time of entry, you must confirm that you have received permission to enter the Contest from your parent or legal guardian, and; (iv) click “Submit”. Failing to complete any of these requirements will result in an incomplete entry which will not count towards the Grand Prize draw and cannot be completed at a later date. Standard text messaging and/or internet access fees may apply (check your carrier plan for your standard text messaging and Internet access fees). Text messaging and Internet access is not available in all areas. Maximum one (1) game play, four (4) Grand Prize entries, and one (1) instant win per day per mobile phone number.
Some game plays result in Instant Win Prize coupons (each a “Mobile Coupon”). In order to receive a Mobile Coupon, your mobile phone must be capable of receiving text messages and you must have access to the Internet. All Mobile Coupons must be redeemed, in-store, within three (3) days of receipt, after which time, the Mobile Coupon will expire.
Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Mobile Account Holder of the mobile phone number used to enter the Contest. “Authorized Mobile Account Holder” of a mobile phone is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a cellular telephone number by a wireless carrier that is responsible for assigning cellular telephone numbers. You may participate in the Contest ONLY using mobile phone numbers for which you (or in the case of a minor, your parent or legal guardian) are the Authorized Mobile Account Holder. An eligible Prize winner may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Mobile Account Holder associated with the selected mobile phone number. By submitting a phone number on the Contest Website, you represent and warrant that you are the Authorized Mobile Account Holder. You shall be responsible and liable to the Sponsors and otherwise for any damages and other losses incurred in connection by them as a result of your submission of any phone number for which you are not the Authorized Mobile Account Holder.
Any attempt to earn extra entries by using multiple/different mobile phone numbers, identities, or any other methods will void that Participant’s entries and that Participant may be disqualified from the Contest. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all entries by that Participant.
4. PRIZES AND DRAW:
(i) Instant Prizes: The Instant Win Prizes provided in the table below are available to be won each day during the Contest Period (each, an “Instant Win Prize”). Some Instant Win Prizes and/or quantities available may be allocated based on the Province or region that Participants are playing from.
|Company||Prize||Item||Qty Avail. Per Day||ARV|
|Pepsi||Free Product||PepsiCo soft drinks King Can (473 mL, any flavour/variety)||571||$2.39|
|Pepsi||Free Product||PepsiCo soft drinks (591 mL, any flavour/variety)||429||$2.69|
|Pepsi||Free Product||bubly Sparkling Water (473mL, any flavor/variety)||429||$1.99|
|Pepsi||BOGO||PepsiCo soft drinks King Can (473 mL, any flavour/variety)||571||$2.39|
|Pepsi||BOGO||PepsiCo soft drinks (591 mL, any flavour/variety)||429||$2.69|
|Pepsi||BOGO||bubly Sparkling Water (473mL, any flavor/variety)||500||$1.99|
|Frito-Lay||Free Product||Lay’s® chips (52 g - 66 g, any flavour/variety)||686||$1.69|
|Frito-Lay||Free Product||Doritos® chips (80 g, any flavour/variety)||686||$1.69|
|Frito-Lay||BOGO||Lay’s® chips (52 g - 66 g, any flavour/variety)||571||$1.69|
|Frito-Lay||BOGO||Doritos® chips (80 g, any flavour/variety)||571||$1.69|
|Frito-Lay||BOGO||Lay’s® chips (180 g, any flavour/variety)||514||$3.91|
|Frito-Lay||BOGO||Doritos® chips (255 g, any flavour/variety)||514||$4.89|
|Mars||Free Product||Skittles single serve candy (61 g, any flavor/variety)||629||$1.89|
|Mars||Free Product||Snickers candy bar (52 g)||629||$1.89|
|Mars||BOGO||M&M Peg Pack (120g, any flavour/variety)||571||$3.99|
|Mars||BOGO||Skittles Peg Pack (191g, any flavour/variety)||571||$3.99|
|CK||Free Product||Coffee (Medium)||689||$2.04|
|CK||Free Product||Froster (Medium)||905||$1.99|
|CK||Free Product||Hot Dog||86||$3.09|
|CK||BOGO||Coffee (any size)||457||$2.04|
|CK||BOGO||Froster (any size)||673||$1.99|
The total number of Instant Win Prizes available to be won will diminish as awarded throughout the Contest Period. Instant Win Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted, transferred, exchanged or surrendered for cash, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors, which may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Each PepsiCo soft drink Instant Win Prize is subject to a $0.05 deposit payable by the winner at the time of coupon redemption.
(ii) Grand Prize: There is one (1) grand prize available to be won, consisting of one (1) trip for two (2) (the winner and one (1) guest) to attend Super Bowl LV (the “Event”) scheduled to be held in Tampa Bay, Florida (USA) (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize consists of return economy air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest from the major airport nearest the Grand Prize winner’s primary place of residence in Canada to Tampa Bay, Florida (USA) (airport, carrier and airline ticket class selected at the sole and absolute discretion of PepsiCo), ground transportation to and from destination airport, one (1) standard room, based on double occupancy for three (3) nights (accommodation to be selected at the sole and absolute discretion of PepsiCo), two (2) tickets to the Super Bowl LV Game scheduled to be held on February 7, 2021 (actual seat selection to be chosen at the sole and absolute discretion of the NFL), The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $13,000 CAD, which is based on a departure from Toronto, ON based on advertised prices in November 2019. Actual value may vary depending on winner’s point of departure and prices at the time of booking.
Additional Grand Prize Conditions: Due to the nature of the Grand Prize, no alternate travel dates are available. The difference between the approximate retail value and actual retail value, if any, will not be awarded. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including, without limitation, ground transportation to and from departure airport, meals, gratuities, taxes, travel documents, telephone calls, in-room movies, mini-bar expenses, room service, medical and travel insurance, excess baggage costs, optional tours, airport departure taxes, duties, all personal expenses and all other expenses not specified herein. A valid credit or debit card will be required upon check-in. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must be a legal resident of Canada. If a Grand Prize is won by a minor, the minor’s parent or legal guardian will be required to accept the Grand Prize and sign the declaration of compliance and release of liability on the minor’s behalf. Any minor participating in the Grand Prize (as either a winner or guest) must travel with, and be accompanied at all times by, an adult who is either (i) the minor’s parent or legal guardian, or (ii) an individual authorized by all parents(s)/legal guardian(s) of the minor. One (1) traveller must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Transportation and accommodations are subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations, hotel, airline, airport or other transportation restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining all required medical and travel-related necessities (including vaccinations) and documentation, including a valid passport and the permission to enter the United States of America. If the Grand Prize winner does not have proper travel documentation, or any applicable permission to enter the destination country, or does otherwise not accept or participate in any portion of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever (including reasons beyond the control of the Grand Prize winner such as inclement weather delaying or cancelling a portion of the trip), then that portion of the Grand Prize is forfeited by the Grand Prize winner (and his/her guest), and the Sponsors shall have no further obligation or liability to Grand Prize winner with respect to the forfeited portion of the Grand Prize. It is recommended that the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest obtain sufficient personal travel insurance (including emergency medical) prior to departure. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are responsible for transportation to and from the departure airport. The Sponsors are not liable if travel is impeded or refused by reason of decisions of any governmental authorities (foreign or domestic), or other airline or airport authorities. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest (or parent/legal guardian of any minor winner or guest) must sign and return the Sponsors’ form of Release (as defined below) prior to the Grand Prize being ticketed. No responsibility is assumed by the Sponsors if any element(s) of Grand Prize are cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled after ticketing of the Grand Prize for any reason whatsoever beyond its control. If, for any reason, any element of the Grand Prize trip does not occur, that portion of the Grand Prize will be forfeited without additional compensation and the remainder of the Grand Prize will be awarded. The Releasees (as defined in Rule 7) shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind, resulting from the acceptance, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, travel related thereto or otherwise from participation in the Contest. The Grand Prize will be delivered to the winner’s address as provided to the Sponsors. Deliveries will not be made to PO Box addresses. The Grand Prize is only redeemable around a short window of time in connection with the Event. Grand Prize winner must provide thirty (30) days' notice prior to his/her requested departure date (which shall be within a few days of the Event), and once made, travel plans may only be changed at discretion of the Sponsors. No responsibility is assumed by the Releasees for any postal mail or courier delivery returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address. No responsibility is assumed by the Releasees for Prize after shipping.
The Grand Prize winner acknowledges that the Releasees have not made or are not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, condition, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
Resale of NFL® event/game tickets is prohibited. Prize winners and guests must abide by all venue policies and event/game ticket terms and conditions. The Sponsors reserve the right to revoke the full or partial Prize from any winner or guest who the Sponsors or venue personnel deem in their sole discretion, may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or bring the Releasees into disrepute.
Instant Win Prizes and Grand Prizes may be collectively referred to as “Prizes”. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are non-assignable and non-transferable. No substitutions are available. The Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to: (i) substitute all or any portion of the Prizes with another prize or portion thereof of equal or greater value, (ii) limit the number of Prizes awarded to the same person, mobile phone number, or physical address and (iii) modify any other awards, discounts, associated quantities and award schedule at any time during the Contest. Under no circumstances will the Sponsors be responsible for awarding and/or redeeming any items in excess of the Prizes and their respective quantities as listed above.
5. PRIZE CLAIM, ODDS & DRAW:
(i) Instant Prizes: For the purposes of this Contest, a “Day” shall mean a calendar day that begins at 12:00 AM (ET) and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET), except for the first day of the Contest, which begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET. Instant Win Prizes will be awarded by an algorithm (computer program) that randomly distributes the available Instant Win Prizes each day throughout the Contest Period. If you are eligible to win an Instant Win Prize, you will receive a text message at the mobile phone number submitted at the time of entry containing a unique link to a Mobile Coupon that can be redeemed at a participating Mac’s, Circle K or Couche-Tard store across Canada. Odds of winning an Instant Win Prize depend on when the entry is played. In order to receive Mobile Coupons, your mobile phone must be capable of receiving text messages and you must have access to the Internet. All Mobile Coupons must be redeemed, in-store, within three (3) days of receipt, after which time, the Mobile Coupon will expire.
(ii) Grand Prizes: The Grand Prize draw will be initiated by the Contest Administrator (human) and processed by an algorithm (computer program) that simulates a random draw. Any attempt to manipulate or tamper with the winner selection system or the database of entries will result in disqualification and possible criminal prosecution. The draw for the Grand Prize will be conducted on February 6, 2020 at 2:00 pm ET (the “Grand Prize Draw Date”) in Vancouver, BC from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period
If you are selected as eligible to win the Grand Prize, you will be notified by email within three (3) business days following the draw (the “Grand Prize Notification”). In order to be declared a winner, a potential winner must: (i) respond to the Grand Prize Notification from the Sponsors’ designated agent within five (5) business days of Sponsors’ Grand Prize Notification; (ii) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical, electronic or otherwise, a required time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors’ designated agent at a mutually-agreeable time; (iii) sign (or, if a minor, have their parent/legal guardian sign) a form of declaration of compliance and release of liability (the “Release”) releasing the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof and return to the Sponsors’ designated agent by fax or email within five (5) business days of receipt of the Release; and (iv) otherwise comply with these Rules. If a potential winner fails to meet any of these requirements, he/she will be disqualified and forfeit the Grand Prize. The Sponsors may then, at their sole and absolute discretion, select by random draw another eligible entrant whom the Sponsors or their representatives will attempt to contact, and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The potential winner may be required to furnish proof of identification that may include a driver’s license or other form of photo identification as part of the verification process. The Sponsors will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential Grand Prize winner.
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in the Contest, Participants, or in the case of eligible minor Participants, their parent and/or legal guardian, if winners, consent to the use of their name, city of residence, photographs and/or images for publicity purposes in all media carried out by the Sponsors in respect of this Contest without payment or compensation or liability for use of same.
The Sponsors and the Administrator commit themselves to collect and use the personal information requested from Prize winners, such as name, email address, province/territory and mobile telephone number in regard to the Contest, solely and exclusively for: (i) the purposes of Prize redemption and delivering the Prize as provided for in the Rules. The Sponsors and the Administrator will never, rent, sell or otherwise communicate or give out your personal information to any other person without your prior consent, which you may refuse or withdraw at any time. Please refer to our online privacy policies https://www.circlek.com/privacy-policy, https://www.couche-tard.com/privacy-policy-quebec?lang=en, https://www.pepsico.ca/en-ca/privacy and https://www.mars.com/privacy.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, you release without limitation the Sponsors, the Administrator, the NFL Entities, and their respective affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the Prize suppliers, the independent contest judging organization (if any) and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, members, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, the selected Participant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of any Prize or portion thereof.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees are not responsible or liable for: (i) incorrect, incomplete, or inaccurate entry of registration or entry information which may affect a Participant’s ability to participate in the Contest; (ii) human errors, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, line failures of any communications network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof; (iii) any inability of a Participant to access the Contest Website, or damage to a user's system occasioned by participating in the Contest; and (iv) entries which fail to fully comply with these Rules. Entries and Prize claims are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
Neither the Sponsors nor the Administrator are responsible for contacting or forwarding Prizes to winners who leave unclear or incomplete information, or for Prizes lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed while in transit from the Sponsors' premises. All Prize claims and related forms become the property of the Sponsors.
8. SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF CONTEST: The Sponsors and associates and agents authorized to act on their behalf, reserve the right, in their sole discretion and without notice to cancel, suspend, or modify the Contest, portions of the Contest, or Participants’ eligibility for any reason, including without limitation in the event of any printing, administrative error, virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention, tampering, fraud, equipment failure, security breaches or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to the province of Quebec. Any attempt to deliberately damage or tamper with the Contest, interfere with the proper administration of the Contest or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors and the Administrator reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal and/or civil prosecution.
9. RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
10. CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Rules and the non-English language Rules, the English Rules shall prevail. In the event of a conflict between any Contest details contained in these Rules and any Contest details contained in Contest advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Rules shall prevail.
11. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws. EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to Ontario conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
12. INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL International LLC, NFL Productions LLC, NFL Ventures L.P., NFL Ventures Inc., the National Football League, its member professional football clubs and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively the "NFL Entities") will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this contest or any prize awarded. The NFL entities have not offered or sponsored this contest in any way.
14. “Froster®” is a registered trade-mark of ALIMENTATION COUCHE-TARD INC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks presented are owned by their respective owners.